Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Emma

I can't believe Emma is 6 today. It truly boggles my mind that six years ago I became a mom. In some ways it seems like forever and in others it seems like yesterday.

Emma was up early today. Since she got her American Girl doll on Sunday, she wasn't really expecting too much, but we did manage to surprise her. Alex gave her the Hair Care Kit, Andy gave her Coconut the dog and we gave her the gymnastics outfit. Yes, it was an obscene American Girl birthday around her. Oh well, the smile on her face made it all worthwhile.

Neil was up early to buy Munchkins for her treats at school. He also picked up her favorite donuts (chocolate frosted with sprinkles) and had 6 candles in it when she came downstairs. Totally new, totally fun and I think we'll make it a birthday tradition. The kids love donuts and we get them for a treat once in awhile so it sounds perfect to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home