Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Busy Day

Geez, it's not even 8 am and I'm already tired thinking about today. The drywall guys are coming to fix the nail pops this morning. The builder is really late getting stuff done off our one year punch list (should have been done in October). I'm not complaining though. We had more settling this winter so there's more for them to fix. Better them than us. :)

Our new fence is scheduled to be built at 9.00. I am so stinking excited for it. It will be nice for the kids to be able to go out without me. I'll still watch, but this will give all of us a little more freedom this summer. Plus it helps keep out other kids when we want to.

Alex's social security card came yesterday so we have to go to the Post Office to apply for his passport. Neil and I both have to go so that we can swear that we're his parents and everything on the app is true. I've been so annoyed with most of the bureaucratic crap we've had to deal with, but I do think this a good rule. Both parents have to be present to apply for a passport (or bring a notorized document giving permission). I'm sure it does cut down on one parent being able to get a passport and leave with a child.

The hutch and chair for Emma's new desk is also ready to be picked up so at some point Neil will have to take all of the seats out of the van and go get that. It will be nice to finish her room for her. She's been such an awesome help with Alex that I really want to reward her. We're making a real effort not to force her do too much, but she just keeps taking on responsibility herself. I know what it's like to be the oldest so I don't want to make her grow up too much too fast.

It's our day to drive Andy and the neighbor boy in the morning so one of us has to be ready to go at 10. I really hate that job. The boys get really wound up and loud and it drives me crazy. It's been nice having Neil do it. Between bed rest and his paternity leave, I think I've only done it twice since Christmas so I shouldn't complain.

I'm off to fold laundry. I'll be back with photos of the fence later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home