Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bizarro World

I had my hair cut today at a place called Cookie Cutters. They specialize in kids hair cuts. The chairs are airplanes, cars and motorcycles. There are movies and video games at each station. OMG, what the hell is happening to me?!

We were there for Andy's hair cut. While chatting with Miss Michelle (who is awesome with the kids), it somehow was decided that she would cut my hair for me. I just wanted it shaped before the wedding. She didn't even wash it--just sprayed it down with water and cut the ends and bangs. It cost a whopping $13.95! My last cut at my regular salon cost $65 before tip. I get my color and highlights done this weekend and that runs about $210 before tip.

In the normal world, someone who will pay more than $200 for color would not get her hair cut while Dora is playing on the TV surrounded by small children. But it all makes sense in bizarro world. I think I might stay here for awhile---as if I have a choice. ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kids make you do funny things...loved the story. I bet the cut looks just as good for 1/5 the price!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE email me to claim your prize from my blog contest this morning. kim(at)cgessentials(dot)com.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. As long as it looks good - that's all that matters.

I cann't get a good one for the life of me.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home