Monday, June 12, 2006

When the cat's away...

...Mom will clean out the toys. LOL

The kids having been having a blast on the farm with Grandpa and Grandma since Friday night and I'm on an organizing mission. We had a very frustrating trip to Ikea on Saturday. The shelves we wanted were oversold---they didn't tell us that till we'd waited in line to pay for 20 minutes and then another 15 while they were allegedly pulling our order. Then it was another line to get a refund, which they tried to make difficult as well. But Neil wasn't having it! His accent gets things done people!! :)

Anyway, I found some acceptable shelves at Tar-zjay so I'm now purging the toy room. It's been a freaking nightmare for the last month. The kids really try to clean it up, but they're pilers and it looks like crap. So I'm removing all opportunities for piling (I hope).

I actually have a huge list of stuff to do this week. I'm going to post it here so I can be a bit more accountable and not just enjoy the peace while digi-shopping. 'Cuz Lord knows I'm not scrapping. LOL

1. Order Emma's school supplies from Office Depot. DONE
2. Schedule check-ups for both boys. DONE
3. Print photos for Mom (late MD present)
4. Buy Dad's FD present
5. Sort and mail photos to England
6. Tidy for cleaners tomorrow
7. Work on toy room
8. Finish planting flowers in the front
9. Work on next photo challenge for scrappindeals.com
10. Sign up for classes at StudioD DONE
11. Work on chore charts for kids
12. Make meatballs for dinner and freezer
13. Buy stain at Rainbow for the playset DONE
14. Do another Target run DONE
15. Returns at Babies-R-UsDONE, TargetDONE, Gymboree

Ugh, there's more, but I'm too overwhelmed to list anymore.

I'm going to take some shots of the toy room as I work so I'll be back this afternoon with some 'in progress' shots.

TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Melzer said...

I'm so excited that you signed up for Studio D. You'll have to share your toy organizing strategy with me, cuz boy could we use it! :)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home