Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Update #2

So I had a big post written about more crap in our lives and I realized that it's all pretty boring so here's a quick recap instead.

Poor Neil
Neil is working super long hours...doesn't get home till 2.15 a couple of nights a week. The kids don't even see him some days. We're all missing him. I don't know how he survives on so little sleep. Hopefully it will all be over very soon.

Andy's Birthday
We celebrated Andy's 4th birthday with a party on the 15th. We had a BBQ with a couple of neighbors and 3 friends from school. It was 105 degrees on the patio when the party started at 5 pm, but the kids didn't mind. We bought one of those big Quick Set pools and they had a blast jumping in that, running through the Slip-n-Slide and playing on the playset. (I don't want to post a photo since I don't have permission from the others kids' parents.)

CHA
I went to CHA (Craft and Hobby Association's big summer trade show) last Saturday with Jackie. It's always fun to go see all of the new products coming out. She bought lots of great stuff for the store. I ran into a few digital scrapping buddies and met a couple of other online friends so it was a fun day. We went out to eat with a couple of great women from our Design Team. It was great to see Beth again and to meet Amy in person.

Blah Blah Blah
That about sums up my life. I'm trying hard to maintain my sanity while single parenting. I could never, ever do this alone. The kids get along for the most part, but I just need a break every now and again. Does that make me a bad Mom? Neil usually puts them to bed so that he can have some time with them. And the added bonus is I get to feed Alex and get him to bed in peace. But with him not home, I'm doing all of it. Fortunately, it hasn't been too bad, but I'm finding that the balance of Mom vs. Robyn time is getting way off and I know that's not a good for any of us.

Well, the kids are "camping" in their "fort" under the dining room table now and I can still hear some rustling and whispering so I'd better go investigate.

See ya on the flip side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home